At Straine Opticians our team of professional optometrists and dispensing opticians offer a wide range of eye care services, from routine eye tests to choosing you first pair of spectacles. Our practice is committed to the highest standards of professional eye care. This means we will discuss your individual needs, examine your eyes thoroughly using modern equipment, answer any questions and offer you eye wear that meets your requirements. As independent opticians we also believe in giving you a friendly and personal service. The two practice owners are Ewan McPherson (dispensing optician) and Claire Keith (optometrist) who have been running the business for over 15 years. The practice itself has been established for over 20 years.
Our professional optometrist and dispensing optician team can provide you with all your optical and eye care requirements from your routine eye test to updating your glasses. We offer the following services:
- Comprehensive eye examinations (essential for early diagnosis of any health problems)
- Fitting and supply of all types of contact lenses
- Fitting of specialist contact lenses for eye conditions such as dry eyes, astigmatism and presbyopia
- Advice and aftercare available for those considering laser surgery
- Complete pair of spectacles available from £40
- A wide range of designer frames available such as Chanel, Oakley and Prada
- We offer a range of safety spectacles that conform to British and EU standards
- Full range of children’s spectacles, many of which are available free of charge with a relevant NHS voucher.
Everyone deserves the best possible eyesight at all times so if you haven’t had an eye examination within the last two years, or when specified by you optical practitioner, call us now for an appointment.